In 1866 Peter Pesco established the first school at Wallington in a rented building.
It was then thirty years before Wallington had another school when the disused Wallington School was shifted to a one-acre site donated by J.G Corr. On January 22, 1900 school number 3345 opened its doors with Margaret Stupelton in charge of 25 pupils. The building was replaced in 1957.
In 2004 a new school building was completed, 138 years after Peter Pesco's original 19x8ft school in the rented building.
In 2010 the relocation and refurbishment of the classroom portable was completed as well as the construction of the new Multipurpose Room. The new multipurpose room gave the school a flexible learning space as well as a great community area.
In 2013 the Old Wallington Hall was demolished.
Today Wallington Primary School is a community school nestled amongst acreage allotments. It reflects all that is good about dynamic, modern, non-city living.
Area inhabited by Bengalat balug (Clan) of the Wathaurong Tribe.
First European explorers. January : Lieutenant John Murray April : Captain Matthew Flinders
1803 - 1835
William Buckley the first European living in the area
Area investigated and surveyed by Wedge and Gellibrand
Area occupied by squatters
Fairfax FENWICK's property "Deep Gully" on the north east shores of Lake Connewarre - later known as Wallington
Fenwick's subdivision fronting Queenscliff Road
Wallington Hotel - Alfred Pike licencee
Wallington Hotel - John Baxter proprietor
Fenwick's gully flooded - £50 from Hon. J.M. Grant to cover flood damage
Wallington Hotel - Peter Pascoe licencee
Peter Pascoe started school with his daughter (a teacher) in a rented wooden building
Wallington Hotel - Samuel Coleman licencee
Thomas B. Gibb - "Rugby Park", Wallington
Wallington Hotel enlarged, redecorated & refurnished
R.Q. McWilliams - Electoral Registrar
Alliance Cricket Club formed
Cobb & Co advertised - Geelong to Wallington
David Rhind bought part of "Chevy" Estate
Wallington Hotel - George Ashmore licencee
Newington School moved to Wallington
Wallington School opened in Newington School building moved to present site
New school built
New Main Building including offices and classrooms opened
Multipurpose Hall officially opened
Vicroad demolishes Wallington Hall
Access Road to school sealed